VS70-RT In-ceiling Speaker - single
The Vanishing Series 70-RT delivers surprisingly full-bodied full-range performance. The unique 3-way driver array means you get full-size performance in a speaker the size of a small inset lighting fixture.
- Extra deep well design with a Cassini oval woofer mounted above and behind the main driver & tweeter array, for broad coverage and dynamic full-range audio performance.
- Vanishing® Series built-in speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Painted to match your décor, Vanishing Series built-in speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings.
- Reflective surfaces in rooms can make sound brighter and cause image distortion. Engaging the Vanishing reflective room compensation feature (by selecting the low setting) lowers the tweeter level to compensate for reflective surfaces. Vanishing reflective room compensation is a custom audio control that cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range, exactly where reflectivity destroys sound quality. Outside this narrow 1kHz band, the tweeter retains its detailed and accurate high frequency response, for no loss of realistic musical details.
- Vanishing Series RT speakers are timbre-matched to Polk Audio RTi speakers to ensure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- Dual bandpass bass ports are highly efficient in small enclosures, and smoothly funnel the angled woofer’s low frequencies down around the driver array, eliminating “chuffing,” so your small, practically invisible in-ceiling speakers achieve superior full-range blending and broad coverage with surprisingly deep bass.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
- All Polk Audio products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk Audio loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
Type: Dynamic Balance driver with mineral-filled polypropylene cone
Type: Dynamic Balance woofer with mineral-filled polypropylene cone
Total Frequency Response: 34Hz-27kHz
Upper -3dB Limit: 25 kHz
Lower -3dB Limit: 48 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Efficiency: 90 dB
Recommended Amplifier Power: 10-125 watts per channel
Inputs: Gold-plated spring-loaded posts
Cut-Out Diameter: 16.51cm
Overall Diameter: 20.64cm
Pre-Construction Bracket: PB SC50
Overall Depth: 21.27cm