2.5-Way Triple 8-inch (200mm) In-wall Loudspeaker
Part of the JBL Synthesis Custom Loudspeakers range, the SCL-2 offers the highest level of acoustic performance available from a flush-mount loudspeaker. The SCL-2 is designed with a 2.5-way, triple 8-inch (200mm) driver configuration for low-frequency extension with high output capability and powerful dynamics.
A D2415K dual voice coil, dual 1.5-inch (38mm) annular ring diaphragm Teonex® compression driver with advanced HDI geometry horn works in conjunction with three powerful cast-frame, 8-inch (200mm) Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers with low distortion motor structures.
2½-way, triple 8-inch/200mm driver configuration – ideal for wall mount
5.8-inch/147mm deep, rectangular footprint enclosure
Can be mounted vertically or horizontally for maximum application flexibility and performance
Computer-optimized HDI Constant Directivity Horn with very smooth and predictable off-axis behavior over a wide coverage area
D2415K, 1.5-inch/38mm annular ring Teonex® diaphragm compression driver with advanced HDI geometry horn
Powerful cast-frame, Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers with low-distortion neodymium motor structures
Sonoglass® baffle with integrated HDI waveguide for maximum strength and high internal damping
Solid MDF enclosure installs behind drywall and provides optimized acoustic performance and enhanced acoustic isolation from the wall
Rubber isolation mounts attach cabinet to wall studs, ensuring a firm yet isolated mounting
Bi-Wire and Bi-Amp capable network using gold-plated binding posts on rear enclosure, and an easy Molex® baffle to network connection
Zero-bezel, magnetically-attached grille can be painted to match décor
The loudspeaker’s 5.8-inch (147mm)-deep enclosure fits standard wall construction applications and features a Sonoglass™ precision molded baffle assembly with integrated HDI waveguide/horn, and a zero-bezel, magnetically-attached grille.The loudspeaker’s enclosure can be oriented with the horn closer to the top or bottom, or on its side for center channel or reduced height applications. SCL-2 systems can be mixed and matched with other SCL speakers or any JBL Synthesis loudspeakers.
Designed to provide ultimate performance and the highest levels of dynamics from any in-wall loudspeaker, the SCL-2 can discretely integrate into any environment and décor. They can also be installed in a traditional application behind acoustic fabric or woven/perforated video screens without installing the grilles. They feature a discrete matte black baffle, HDI waveguide, and transducers, with a paintable white grille. The SCL-2 is the perfect solution for in-wall LCR or surround channel applications as part of JBL Synthesis home theater.
- Speaker type 2½-way in-wall loudspeaker
- Low frequency transducer Three 8” (200mm) cast-frame, Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers
- Mid/High frequency transducer D2415K, 1.5” (38mm), dual annular ring Teonex® diaphragm compression driver mounted to Sonoglass® horn/baffle
- Maximum recommended power 445 Watts RMS (CEA-426B specification, calculated onto the SCL-2 rated load impedance)
- Frequency response (-6 dB on-axis) 57 Hz – 25 kHz
- Coverage area (-6dB@20kHz) 80 x 70 Degrees (Hor x Vert)
- Coverage area (-6dB@10kHz) 100 x 100 Degrees (Hor x Vert)
- Sensitivity (2.83V@1m) 92dB
- Nominal Impedance 6 Ohm
- Crossover frequencies 225Hz; 1.3kHz
- Enclosure type Sealed in-wall mount with included back box
- Inputs Dual gold-plated binding posts
- Finished grille dimensions (H x W) 40.25” x 12.84” (1022.4mm x 326mm)
- Final cutout dimensions with backbox (H x W) 38.5” x 11.75” (977.9mm x 298.5mm)
- Mounting depth with backbox 5.8” (147mm)
- Weight 53.5 lb (24.3 kg)
- Finishes Matte Black with white paintable grille