BUY S50 to get a FREE UPSIZE to S55
Enjoy an enhanced 32 Hz to 40 kHz frequency response with this washed black walnut Polk Audio Signature Series S55 Floorstanding Speaker.
It can handle 20 to 200W of continuous power and is equipped with two 6.5" woofers and a 1" tweeter. The down-firing Power Port is a bass port designed to enhance the speaker's low frequency effects. The speaker is bi-amp and bi-wire capable via its two pairs of 5-way binding posts.
- 2x 6.5" Woofers
- 1x 1" Terylene Dome Tweeter
- 20 to 200W Power Handling
- Bass-Reflex via Power Port
- Dual Binding Post Pairs
- Dynamic Balance Acoustic Array
- Dynamic Balance is designed to ensure a rich, clean, full-range sound, no matter what you're listening to. It analyzes the speaker's electro-acoustic and mechanical system for improved material selection and more efficient geometry, then pinpoints and eliminates issues that reduce speaker performance before they become a part of the finished product.
- High-Resolution Audio Performance
- The Terylene dome tweeter is designed to deliver clear and detailed high frequency response at up to 40 kHz for a realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- Polypropylene Mid-Range Drivers
- Mica-reinforced polypropylene cones with butyl rubber surrounds, ceramic motor structures, and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders combine to create drivers of enhanced efficiency, for clean, clear bass, augmented linearity, lower distortion, and higher durability.
- Polk Power Port Deep Bass Technology
- The Power Port is designed to smoothly transition the air flow into your listening area. It also extends the overall bass port, providing greater surface area to help eliminate turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact.
- Enhanced Sensitivity and Compatibility
- Whether you're connecting it to a new digital processor or your vintage rig, the S50 is designed to provide sound reproduction that's spacious, clear, enveloping, and realistic. Plus, it's compatible with many Dolby and DTS surround sound technologies.
- Three-Driver Cascading Tapered Crossover Array
- The crossover array is designed to provide a lifelike soundstage wherever you are in the listening room, helping to eliminate a solitary sweet spot.
- Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille
- The grille is computer modeled for a precision fit and designed to minimize sonic interference.
- Gold-Plated 5-Way Binding Posts
- The binding posts are designed to help ensure the most direct, loss-less connection possible.
- Acoustically Inert Enclosure
- The cabinet is designed to be rigid and acoustically inert to help reduce unwanted internal standing waves to provide less audible coloration.
- Dual-Floor-Compatible Feet
- The feet are designed for enhanced stability and bass coupling to both carpeted and hard floors.
- The S55 is designed with the same components throughout to help achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.