The McIntosh MT5 precision turntable is a complete turntable package that is more than the sum of its parts.
Engineered to exacting McIntosh standards, each piece contributes to deliver a superb performance. MT5 comes equipped with a high performance platter and motor drive assembly, precision tone arm and a high output moving coil cartridge that is also compatible with moving magnet inputs. The illuminated, magnetically suspended platter produces an inviting glow that's sure to be a conversation starter among friends and guests alike.
"The MT5 Precision Turntable lets you experience vinyl the way that you’re supposed to: truly absorbing the music, hearing every note as if it’s the first time." - Complex
MT5 is factory adjusted for perfect playback. Tracking force, anti-skate force, cartridge overhang and arm height are all preset for maximum performance. Advanced magnetic platter bearings and a precise belt drive motor spins records with absolute stability and quiet, assuring a pleasurable vinyl listening experience. The custom tone arm and matching moving coil cartridge track records with minimum friction using magnetic antiskate and horizontal, tone-arm bearings. While the construction of the MT5 is meticulous, the setup is simple. In a few easy steps, you’ll be ready to enjoy your favorite vinyl recordings.
While maintaining complementary McIntosh styling, the MT5 takes full advantage of the chassis materials used to suppress noise, resonance and coloration so the only sound produced is that which is on your records. A clear, form-fitting dust cover is included to protect the MT5's moving parts, along with your valued records. The MT5 turntable is compatible with any McIntosh stereo preamplifier and is a great piece to complete your two-channel stereo system.
- CARTRIDGE TYPE Moving Coil, High Output
- OUTPUT LEVEL 2.5 mV at 5 cm/s
- LOAD IMPEDANCE 1000 Ohms recommended (Preamp MC Input)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20Hz to 50kHz
- CHANNEL SEPARATION 35dB at 1kHz
- COMPLIANCE 15 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE 2.0 g
- CHANNEL DIFFERENCE Less than 0.5 dB at 1kHz
- TOTAL MASS 6.3 g
- STYLUS Elliptical Diamond
- CANTILEVER MATERIAL Aluminum
- BEARING Magnetic Sapphire and Ceramic
- ARM TUBE Dural-Aluminum
- COUNTERWEIGHT Eccentric
- ADJUSTMENTS Magnetic
- PLAYBACK SPEEDS 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm
- MOTOR TYPE DC Motor with Stainless Steel Brushes
- SPEED CONTROL Servo System
- PLATTER Silicon Acrylic
- PLATTER BEARING Magnetic Suspended Ceramic
- STEREO OUTPUTS UNBALANCED 1
- POWER CONTROL INPUT Yes
- POWER CONTROL OUTPUT Yes
- PLATTER LIGHT Yes
- SPEED CONTROL FINE ADJUSTMENT Yes
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 7" (17.8cm) (7-1/2" (19.0cm) with dust cover) x 19" (48.26cm) Note: Tone Arm Height will vary depending on the type of Cartridge installed.
WEIGHT 31.5 lbs (14.3 kg)