Perhaps the coolest thing about this slim Marantz receiver is its sheer flexibility.
A little something for everyone
If you're a music buff, the NR1200 has you covered from multiple angles. Use the phono input to connect your turntable, or the optical or coaxial input to connect your high-performance DAC or other digital audio source of choice. Plug in a USB thumb drive loaded with high-res music files. Or forgo physical connections entirely and use the receiver's robust built-in HEOS streaming platform to access your favorite digital music sources wirelessly.
Better sound from your TV
Thanks to the NR1200's five HDMI inputs and ARC-compatible HDMI output, you can use it as the hub of a sweet little two-channel audio/video setup. Plug in a game console, Apple TV or Roku, and Blu-ray player in your living room or den, hook up your favorite pair of stereo speakers, and suddenly you've got waay better sound than your TV's built-in speakers could ever give you.
Classic Marantz quality in a slim design
Crutchfield customers have been delighted by Marantz's slimline NR Series of home theater receivers for years. Now with the NR1200, Marantz is making this decor-friendly, space-saving design available in a stereo receiver. It takes up about half the height of a traditional model, which helps it fit into space-challenged cabinets — or just look a little less bulky in your room. Clean, high-current amplification dishes out gorgeous, detailed sound.
Stream your music with HEOS
Built-in HEOS technology lets you easily play a wide range of digital music — from your personal library, internet radio stations, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL. Apple AirPlay 2 means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer. That includes soundtracks from YouTube™ videos and Netflix movies.
This receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system.
Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
- 75 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room
- zone 2 not compatible with HDMI, optical digital, or coaxial digital inputs
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 5 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- supports HDR10 and HLG high dynamic range formats
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) for passing audio signals to the receiver from your TV
- Dolby Digital and DTS surround not supported; TV must be set to output 2-channel PCM
- digital audio inputs: 1 optical and 1 coaxial
- 3 analog stereo audio inputs
- preamp output for connecting to an external stereo power amp
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- A and B speaker output pairs
- preamp outputs for two powered subwoofers
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- IR input for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- sleep timer
- DAB/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 4-1/8"H x 15-5/8"D (6-7/8"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 18.1 lbs.
- Stereo receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC041SR)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 WiFi/Bluetooth antennas
- FM wire antenna
- DAB antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
- Safety Instructions
- Notes On Radio
- Bluetooth/WiFi Certified note
- Spotify Connect brochure