Featuring technology derived from the aerospace industry, the Étude is an incredibly compact stereo amplifier with stunning power, speed and clarity.
Ex Demo Floor Display Stock in perfect condition.
The multi-award winning Chord Electronics Choral family of products has never sounded so good. Welcome Étude to the table, a 150w Class AB stereo power amplifier featuring the first fundamentally new topology since Chord Electronics’ inception in 1989, using highly advanced technologies seen within the aerospace industry.
The Choral Étude has been designed to both compliment and exploit the full potential of the multi-award winning DAVE DAC, which has preamp functionality, and the brand new topology has even faster power delivery than exiting designs, offering unrivalled dynamics, life-like delivery of transient information, plus effortless control over loudspeaker drive units.
The design for Étude is based upon multi-feedback and dual feed-forward error-correction amplifier technology that intelligently adjusts and compensates the individual linearity of the 250-watt lateral structure high-power proprietary MOSFETs. Internally there are three individual high frequency switch mode power supply units, one for each active power rail and a final for the auxiliary rails. When paired with advanced internal shielding, active cooled plenum chamber design, and custom Chord Electronics MOSFETs, you have Étude, an world class extremely fast crystal clear amplifier.
Although the amplifier is conservatively rated at 150W into 4Ω, if you run Étude in bridged mono mode you can increase this to 300W into 4Ω.
- [Class AB Sliding Bias] Class AB Sliding Bias
- [HF Switch Mode Power Supply] HF Switch Mode Power Supply
- [Chord MOSFET Construction] Chord MOSFET Construction
- [Fully Balanced Circuitry] Fully Balanced Circuitry
- [Fan Cooled] Fan Cooled
- [Stereo Balanced XLR Inputs] Stereo Balanced XLR Inputs
- [Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs] Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs
- [Solid Aluminium Chassis] Solid Aluminium Chassis
- [Bridgeable to 300w - 4Ω] Bridgeable to 300w - 4Ω
- 1.5m 10a IEC Mains Power Lead
- Étude Owners Manual
150w RMS per channel @ 0.05% distortion into 8Ω
Better than 95dB