8" Surround effects Directed Soundfield speaker
The DS8FX is designed to provide the best in-ceiling rear effects performance for a surround sound system.
- Patent-pending Fully Pivoting Woofer Assembly Focuses The Bass And Midrange Directly Into The Listening Area
- Integrated Baffle/frame Assembly Increases The Cone Area For Deeper Bass Than Competitive Speakers Of The Same Diameter
- 8" Aluminum Ceramic Woofer Cone With Curvilinear Profile And Extended Pole Provides Natural Flat Response And Moves Any Ringing Frequencies To The Inaudible Range
- Dual 25mm NCAT (Nano Coated Ceramic, Aluminum & Titanium) Dome Tweeter Utilizes A Vapor Deposited Coating To Move Any Ringing Frequencies Outside The Range Of Hearing While Providing Additional Stiffening For Ultra-detailed High Frequencies
- Multi-axis Tweeter Array Positions The Two Tweeters On A Different Axis And At An Opposing Angle To Create Realistic Surround Sound Effects
- Bipole/Dipole Switch Provides Optimum Room Matching
- Kapton Non-conductive Voice Coil Former And Copper Shorting Caps Combine To Lower Distortion And Increase High Frequency Sound Pressure Levels
- Magnetically Attached, Rust-resistant Grille Covers Install Quickly And Provide A Low Profile Look
- Weather-resistant Construction Enables Installation In Wet Environments And Outdoors
- Optional Custom-tuned Rear Enclosure Is Precisely Shaped For Predictable Sound Performance And To Reduce Sound Transfer Into Adjacent Rooms Or Spaces
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 - 160 Watts
- Impedance: 8 Ohm Nominal; 6 Ohm Minimum
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz To 21 KHz +/ -3 DB
- Maximum SPL: 115 DB
- Voice Coil Size: 1-1/4"
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 KHz
- Asymmetric 2nd Order 2-way Computer Optimized Linkwitz Riley
- Magnet Weight: 24.1 Oz.
- Frame Dimensions (with Grille): 11-1/4" (28.52 Cm) Diameter
- Hole Cutout Dimensions: 9-3/4" (24.76 Cm) Diameter
- Depth Behind Ceiling (5/8" Drywall): 5-5/16" (13.6 Cm)