Azur 851W 200 Watt Reference Power Amplifier
2 Year Exchange Warranty
FLAGSHIP POWER AMPLIFIER
The 851W has class XD amplification at 200W into 8 Ohms in stereo mode or 500W RMS per amp in mono bridged mode, separate toroidal transformers for the power amp and input/other circuitry, and terrapin impedance buffering modules. All in all it's the best sounding amplifier we have ever made.
Our best sounding amplifier ever, delivering a stunning 200 watts per channel. Works in stereo, mono or bridged mono mode for complete flexibility. Click on the video to the right to hear more.
CLASS XD AMPLIFICATION
Our proprietary amplification system switches dynamically between Class A and AB systems. Class A amplification delivers the purest possible sound, using only one transistor to conduct, but can be energy inefficient. Class AB involves both transistors conducting simultaneously, but makes it impossible to maintain a balance of low crossover distortion and power efficiency.
Our Class XD system operates in both Class A and Class AB mode, dynamically moving the crossover point depending on the audio output volume. This combines the near zero crossover distortion of pure Class A with improved efficiency of Class AB at higher volumes, without any compromises in performance for the best of both worlds.
TERRAPIN IMPEDANCE BUFFERING MODULES
These proprietary modules replace the op-amps commonly found in similar amplifiers. At the critical low level gain stages, these offer far improved stereo separation and imaging – this is very rare at this price point.
ALL METAL CHASSIS
Extensive use of aluminium creates massive structural rigidity, while careful damping and control of acoustic resonance contribute to audiophile sound quality. Click on the video opposite to find out why all of our products use metal chassis.
Smart auto-standby mode detects incoming audio signals providing seamless integration with our preamplifiers.
Cambridge Audio 851W Features
- Our proprietary Class XD amplification
- Separate toroidal transformers for power amp and input/other circuitry
- Our bespoke Terrapin impedance buffering modules – separating amplifier and signal impedance
- 200W into 8 Ohms stereo mode or 500W RMS per amp mono bridged mode
- CAP5 protection from DC spikes, overheating and clipping
- <0.5w smart="" auto-standby="" mode="" for="" integration="" with="" preamplifiers="" li="">
- All metal chassis with premium components
- Remote Control – Compatible with the entire 851 range
Cambridge Audio 851W Specifications
- Power output – stereo/mono 200W per channel into 8 Ohms
- 350W per channel into 4 Ohms
- Power output – bridged mono 500W 8 Ohms
- 800W 4 Ohms
- THD (unweighted) < 0.001% 1 kHz
- < 0.005% 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency response 5Hz – 80kHz
- S/N ratio (ref 1W / 8 Ohn) >90dB (unweighted)
- Sensitivity – stereo or mono 1.5V rms unbalanced
- 1.5 + 1.5V rms balanced
- Sensitivity – bridged mono 0.775V rms unbalanced
- 0.775V + 0.775V rms balanced
- Input impedances Balanced input 38 kOhm
- Unbalanced input 68 kOhm
- Power amp damping factor > 110 at 1 kHz
- Max. power consumption 2400W
- Standby power consumption Standby <0.5W
- Colour Black or silver
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 148 x 430 x 365mm (5.8 x 16.9 x 14.4”)
- Weight 19.1kg (42.2lbs)