Total 4 items
STAX electrostatic earspeakersThese are widely used throughout the world by discerning audiophiles, professional musicians, and recording companies to enjoy and monitor sound. This is because of the superb sonic quality of STAX electrostatic earspeakers. In general, better sound quality is available with earspeakers than with loudspeaker systems due to several factors.
1. Earspeakers are not affected by the acoustic characteristics of the listening room.
Thus sonic coloration can not be injected into the music from standing waves or unwanted sound reflections.
2. Since there is little air loading in earspeakers, the transducing diaphragm can be made light to improve transient response.
3. In contrast to ordinary loudspeaker systems, there is never acoustic feedback through a turntable when using earspeakers.
4. Earspeakers place the transducing diaphragm next to the ear so every detail of the music can be heard.
This is extremely important when using the earspeakers as an evaluative tool in setting up a recording or aligning a cartridge into a tonearm.
To these conventional features. STAX has added the following to their Earspeaker technology:
1. All STAX earspeakers are operated electrostatically.
An electrostatic transducer is a push/pull device that can transduce twice the information in a given time span than a dynamic type transducer.
2. The electrostatic element employs a high polymer film of several microns thick as the diaphragm for far less mass than paper or mylar cones or metal type diaphragms.
3. Since electrostatic elements use no magnets, they are free from magnetic hysteresis distortion that is prominent in dynamic type headphones.
Please audition STAX electrostatic earspeakers. We are confident that they represent the ultimate in musical clarity and sonic transparency.
Browse by tag: