TA-110 Static-Balanced 9-inch Tone-Arm
TA-110 has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations in the tonearm. Ortofon's material know-how is the first area of the Ortofon technology that was applied when developing the TA-110. As a specialist in technical rubber, Ortofon used one of its special rubber compounds when creating the specially shaped rubber with high vibration dampening properties. The rubber pieces are produced at the Ortofon technical rubber facilities in Nakskov.
The second area of Ortofon technology is the extensive knowledge of vibration properties and characteristics. Ortofon has acquired this know-how via the developement of Bone Conductors for hearing aid industry. By using this knowledge and the related computer programs that simulated vibration in different shapes and materials, Ortofon came up with an optimized TA-110.
- TA-110 is a static balance gimbal type arm, easy to use and adjust for optimal VTF settings.
- TA-110 has a standard 5-pin DIN connector for tonearm cable.
- The tonearm geometry allows for a Baerwald alignment (also the IEC recommendations). • Inner scale to be applied with main counterweight. • Outer scale to be applied when extra mass ring is added.
- Counterweight will work with headshell+cartridge mass approximately in the range 20 to 28g
- TA-110 is fitted with a standard headshell connector and can easily be adjusted in accordance with the included mounting template.
- Extra mass ring for heavier cartridge and headshell combinations included.
- Extra mass ring weight 45 g.
Extra mass ring for heavier cartridge-and-headshell combinations, e.g. SPU cartridges
The extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force.The counterweight should be attached onto the rear of the tonearm with the inner number scale facing forward. If the extra mass ring is needed, it must be installed prior to attaching the counterweight to the tonearm. The extra mass ring should be installed on the back of the counterweight and may need to be twisted slightly to facilitate the installation. Ensure that the extra mass ring fits tightly to the thick part of the counterweight.
The TA-110 can ideally be combined with the MC Windfeld Ti, MC A95, SPU Series and the Ortofon Xpression phono cartridges.
For SPU Series the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force.
The combination of Xpression, the ST-80 SE Moving Coil transformer and TA-110 gives a supreme experience!
The TA-110 is a product with great benefits for the discerning analogue user
The TA-110 is given a precision machined slit in the middle of the aluminium tube. A piece of Ortofon's special vibration damping rubber is inserted into the slit.
An armtube without slit and rubber damper is symmetrical in a vertical and lateral plane with respect to vibrations. The slit breaks this symmetry, and mounting the rubber insert gives the desired damping. The effect of the rubber damping properties in Ortofon TA-110 is a lot less stressed armtube than a conventional armtube.
TA-110 Technical data
- Effective mass without headshell: 3.5 g
- Mass of supplied headshell: 15.5 g
- Effective armlength (distance between the stylus and pivot point): 231.0 mm
- Mounting distance (distance between the pivot point and turntable center): 213.0 mm
- Offset angle: 23.9 degrees
- Overhang: 18.0 mm
- Tracking force adjusting range (direct reading): 0-3 g
- Height adjustment range: 35-55 mm
- Diameter of the armbase mounting hole: 19-20 mm
- Diameter of the center shaft of tonearm: 18.0 mm
- Inner null point: 66 mm
- Outer null point: 120.9 mm
- Counterweight for cartridge + headshell mass between 21 and 28 g included
- Headshell LH-2000E included, weight: 15.5 g
- TA-110 total weight including headshell: 470 g
- Set of tonearm cables 6NX-TSW-1010 included
- Extra mass ring for heavier cartridges included, weight 45 g