A compact size shouldn’t fool you, the One uses technology derived from our flagship Red Reference CD Player and an outstanding internal DAC, quite simply the One sets an entry level precedent.
One of a kind, the One CD player from our stylish Choral range, home of the legendary DAVE DAC/headphone amp, is a beautifully designed disc player with all the Chord Electronics sound and build quality trademarks you’d come to expect. The One is our entry-level CD player and remains the most affordable way to into Chord CD player ownership. In keeping with our flagship Blu transport, the One retains our unique, professionally die-cast top-loading disc mechanism, setting it apart from the conventional.
Based around a Philips CD-Pro2M mechanism, the One CD player features the latest 128x oversampling 24-bit/192kHz convertors and thanks to its BNC digital coaxial S/PDIF digital output, can be easily upgraded to reference standard, using devices such as our DAVE DAC, for the ultimate performance.
The One CD player further ensures the best possible musical performance thanks to a fully buffered, true balanced analogue output stage. For added flexibility with a wide range of partnering equipment, both RCA and XLR balanced analogue outputs are included.
- 44.1kHz 16bit normal operation
- Built in up-sampler to 88.2 or 176.4kHz with 4096 Tap Length WTA Filter
- CNC Milled Aluminium Chassis
- Remote control functionality
- 1x Coaxial BNC Wordclock Input (44.1kHz)
- 1x Coaxial BNC Output
- 1x Dual Data 176.4kHz twin Coaxial BNC Output (ie. For use with Chord Electronics ‘Dave’)
- 1x Optical Touslink Output
- 2x AES/EBU XLR or 1x Dual Data AES twin XLR Output
- 2-position Dither selection: 16- or 24-bit
- 3-position sampling frequency selector: 44.1kHz/ 88.2kHz/ Dual Data 176.4kHz
- 335 x 105 x 170 (W x H x D)
- 1.5m 10a IEC Mains Power Lead
- One Owners Manual
- Reference One Remote
Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.003% 20Hz to 20kHz
DAC Architecture: 24bit 192kHz Delta-Sigma 128x Oversampling
Laser Mechanism: Philips CD-Pro2M
Signal to Noise Ratio: 106dB A-Weighted
Channel Separation: 100dB @ 1kHz
Analogue Outputs: 2x Unbalanced RCA and 2x XLR Balanced outputs
Digital Outputs: 1x BNC Digital COAX S/PDIF
Mains Power: 50v AV through to 260v AC auto-line adjust
Dimensions: 335mm x 105mm x 170mm (W x H x D)