Few speakers are able to combine such a brilliant balance of technical innovation and quintessential style.
The Olympica II has a 29mm dome Tweeter containing Damped Apex Dome (DAD), derived from the development of Aida – one of Sonus faber’s leading systems.
It has a totally Sonus faber designed 150mm ultra dynamic linearity midwoofer. CCAW wire is used on a composite former "eddy current free" voice coil. The dynamically linear magnetic field motor incorporates triple Kellog/Goeller rings. A special custome diaphragm is made with a real time air dried non pressed blend of traditional sellulose pulp, kapok, kenaf and other natural fibers, developed according to the most natural sound. To further inhibit any residual cone coloration we are using a transparent viscous surface damping coating. Special coaxial anti-compressors is used, designed to remove cavity resonance and distortions.
There is a non-resonant "progressive slope" design, optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance. "Paracross topology" on both tweeter hi-pass and midwoofer low pass, cross-over points 250 hz - 2.500 Hz.
- Loudspeaker System: 3 way standmount, paralaminar stealth flow vented loudspeaker
- Cabinet: Enhanced "Lyre shape" design, progressive thickness triple curvature cabinet walls damped spread resonance spectrum system. Solid walnut vertical clamps
- Tweeter: Sonus faber "Arrow Point" Damped Apex Dome (DAD). A Sonus faber designed 29mm moving coil driver. The ultra dynamic linearity is given by the new Neodymium motor system
- Midrange: Sonus faber designed 150mm ultra dynamic linearity midwoofer
- Cross-over points: 250 hz - 2.500 Hz
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 30.000 Hz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 88 dB SPL
- Nominal impendence: 4 ohm
- Suggested Amplifier Power Output: 50W – 250W without clipping
- Long-term max input voltage (iec-268-5): 20V rms
- Dimensions HxWxD (mm): 1055x370x472
- Finish: Piano Black