The music hall mmf-5.3 turntable is a 2-speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing the unique dual-plinth construction originated by music hall.
Comes with Ortofon 2M blue cartridge with replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus.
Pre-order now. Available from mid-August 2021.
The distinctive design isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the motor, switch, wiring, and feet which are mounted on the bottom platform.
A complete package
Viso-elastic cones separate the two platforms and provide vibration damping.
The mmf-5.3 comes complete with an Ortofon 2m Blue cartridge.
- music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction
- gorgeous high-gloss piano black lacquer finish
- top tier 9” carbon fiber tonearm
- fully adjustable VTA, azimuth, and dampened arm lift mechanism
- counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip, is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
- DC synchronous motor for superior speed stability, separately isolated on the lower platform
- two-speed stepped motor pulley for 33 1/3 and 45 rpm
- Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge with replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus ($236 value)
- the cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in Teflon® for noise-free fluid operation
- alloy platter with soft felt mat screw-on record clamp
- high quality gold RCA connectors
- detachable phono cable
- special vibration damping adjustable feet
- built-in round spirit level for proper leveling
- low noise fully manual belt-drive design
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- dust cover and 45 rpm adaptor included
- power supply 15V / 0-0.8mA DC
- universal power supply
- power connection 100 – 240 Volt
- 50 or 60 Hz
- standby power consumption < 1 W
- speeds 33 1⁄3 rpm
- (manual change to 45 rpm)
- wow and flutter ± 0.10 %
- speed deviation ± 0.80%
- rumble max > – 70 db
- effective tonearm length 9 in. (230 mm)
- tonearm weight 250 g (without counterweight)
- effective tonearm mass 8.5 g
- overhang 18 mm
- product dimensions w18.25” x d13.25” x h5.5”
- 24 lbs. pkg.